Melanie is a partner in the firm POTGIETER & BEEKEN en has been practising as an attorney for the past 20 years. She spent her childhood in Witbank and studied law at the University of Pretoria . In 1992 she attended the first countrywide law school, held in Pretoria, where she and her team received special recognition. Melanie is an admitted conveyancer and has been specializing in property related matters since 1995. She also has a particular interest in the administration of deceased estates and has acquired an additional qualification in that area of the law
At present she consentrates on the following Legal work:
- Sales and purchases of property
- Registration of bonds on behalf of Nedbank and Standard Bank and private individuals
- Rental of properties
- Various contracts, e.g. sale of land, or sale of business, ante-nuptial agreements, co-habitation agreements etc.
- Drafting and interpretation of wills and trusts
- Administration of deceased estates.